There are so many reasons to never miss a Monday workout and most of them are psychological. Exercise tends to come down to mentally accepting what you need to do. Whether it be your internal monologue pushing you to finish the circuit or even just getting out of bed in the morning, once you actually physically do the task it’s never as bad as you think it will be.
That’s why exercising on a Monday is so important. You are setting yourself up mentally to be healthier for that week and you are less likely to give in to cravings. Check out the reasons why you should always sign up for that Monday class!
1. Never underestimate the power of momentum. If you start your week with a Monday workout you are more likely to workout for the rest of the week. This is more psychological but it’s the mentality that you want to maintain the momentum.
2. Mondays aren’t great, but exercising releases endorphins that make you happier so why not make your Monday that little bit more enjoyable? It is also a great way to improve self-esteem when you start to reflect on the not so healthy activities you may have indulged in on the weekend.
3. Studies show that aerobic exercise can lessen general anxiety. This could be greatly beneficial on a Monday if you have a stressful job and you are not looking forward to getting through the week.
4. When you exercise you are less likely to indulge in cravings as you have a healthy mindset. This is especially important on a Monday to help you choose the healthier food groups for the rest of the week. If you eat badly on a Monday, you are more than likely to give up on healthy eating the rest of the week. It’s called the “I’ll start tomorrow” mentality.
5. If you just can’t get up Monday morning make sure you sign up for an afternoon class, either way get out there and get it done on a Monday to start your week off with a bang.