Foam rolling can often be overlooked as a part of your weekly exercise regime, however it can offer so many benefits such as improved circulation, flexibility and reduced inflammation. Foam rolling is a great way to ease muscle tightness so you can give all of your exercise sessions 100%.
Foam Rollers help to activate self-myofascial release otherwise known as SMR. This is when you apply pressure to reduce the layers of built up fascia in the body. These build-ups or muscle tightness can hinder full muscle movement during workouts.
Check out why we love foam rolling below.
1. Save your money! By foam rolling regularly you may find you’ll be taking less trips to your sports masseuse.
2. Foam rolling will help to increase your flexibility.
3. Foam rolling can help reduce the build up of lactic acid.
4. Rolling helps to flush out blood that has pooled in the working muscles and allows fresh nutrients and oxygen to come in and begin the healing process.
5. You can also use your foam roller as a workout tool! Lying on your back place both feet on the roller and in a slow movement raise your pelvis off the ground towards the ceiling. Repeat this exercise.